Shriners Hospitals for Children® – Boston has been a pioneer in burn care since we began treating pediatric burn survivors in the 1960s. In fact, some of the most significant advancements in burn care, such as skin grafting and the development of engineered skin, were achieved right here at Shriners-Boston. In addition, our patients receive advanced surgical care and plastic surgery, along with physical rehabilitation and emotional support to help them cope with re-entering their school or community.
But our services reach beyond burn care to treat cleft lip and palate, port-wine birthmarks, congenital hand and ear deformities and more.The primary conditions that we treat are listed below. However, this is not an all-inclusive list of conditions treated. For more information about a particular condition, please contact Shriners-Boston at 617-726-3575.
- Abrasion/friction injuries
- Cleft lip and palate
- Congenital ear deformity
- Congenital hairy nevus
- Congenital hand deformities
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Inhalation injuries
- Non-burn conditions requiring wound care
- Port-wine stains and hemangiomas
- Purpura fulminans
- Reconstructive and restorative surgery
- Severe scarring resulting in contractures
- Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)